Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Doctrine of Gore--Blood Sacrifice (CS) (2026 Independent)


doctrineofgore.bandcamp.com
5/10 CRUSHED FUCKING SKULLS

After opening with a Goblin-esque intro, we get four tracks of decently crafted and heavy death metal that focuses on groove and heaviness overall. They remind me just a little of 200 Stab Wounds but without that band's superlative songwriting skill. I don't like some of the dissonance in the riffs that appears here and there on this record, that's always been a no-go for me. Otherwise the riffs are serviceable if not always memorable. There are a few bass drops present here as well as some quite typical breakdowns, which is unfortunate, because this has so much potential to have such trendy aspects in it. I think with more refinement of their sound this band could be quite good, as they're on the upside of average at this point. This isn't bad for a first EP at all, and I wish them continued success while they find their own sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment