tometal.com
10/10 CRUSHED FUCKING SKULLS
A lot of folks first hear the thrash and hardcore in Ninth Realm's influences, but I hear and feel the death metal in their sound more than anything. For me, this is a death metal record. I can detect exactly what the other reviewers are hearing, there is plenty of both thrash and hardcore in Ninth Realm's repertoire, and I love that aspect of them, but this album is pissed off in a way that only death metal will allow. Take a song like "Imbued in Hellfire," or "Rituals in Thar'amath," for example. These are pure death metal epics with thrashing riffs! The band defies easy classification, to be sure, and that's what I like so much about them. It's just good, aggressive heavy metal. The guitars really shine during the solo work. There's some real talent in this band, to say nothing of their songwriting chops. This is quite the accessible album for being an extreme metal record, with hooks galore and catchy riffs everywhere. It's just a record that all metalists need to hear, and I'm giving it perfect marks.

No comments:
Post a Comment